31 May 2007

Movie of the Year Time!

Yesterday I spent an inappropriate amount of time on the LRT and MRT going to Megamall just to see The 40 Year-Old Virgin. Despite spending 1.5 hours getting squished on all four sides like those commuters in Mumbai, resisting the urge to punch grannies who cut in the ticket line at the MRT, and getting dehydrated, I'd say that's the best 2 hours and P90 I've spent this year.


It's deliciously rude and funnily gross, and not Duplex gross (gah. What a bad movie). There's juvenile and smart humor-- something for everyone. Plus, I love everything to come out from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and Steve Carrell, even to Jon's admission, is one of the funniest, and I'm glad he's out of supporting roles like the ones in Anchorman and Bruce Almighty. There's also a nice lesson to be learned (like you care, ha ha ha). My only problems with the movie are the accents that some of the actors use; they're very thick (especially the Pakistani one) and I think I may need to buy the original DVD with subtitles.


Watching advice: OK for: friends, date. Not OK to watch with your family, though your parents will also have a great time watching it. By THEMSELVES. Grandparents not so much. I was wondering why my ticket said R-13; this is definitely R-18.


Oh, and to the girl in the row behind me. WE GET IT. YOU ARE A DEMURE DELICATE LITTLE FLOWER GROWING IN A PILE OF MANURE. YOU DON'T HAVE TO RUIN EVERYONE'S VIEWING EXPERIENCE BY SAYING "HA HA HA! YUCK! KADIRI!" LOUDLY EVERYTIME YOU SEE THE SUGGESTION OF SEX. SHUT THE HELL UP OR LEAVE, OR JUST LAUGH LIKE A NORMAL PERSON. I MEAN, IF YOU THINK IT'S GROSS, DON'T BE SO IRONIC ABOUT IT. Good grief.


Line of last week:
"You see this pimple here, right? I know it's not yet that swollen, but even when I'm looking at you, I can almost see it; it's obstructing my vision... Oh my God, I have a visual field defect."

blog comments powered by Disqus