18 June 2007

Carrot Cupcakes

I made some carrot cupcakes for Genie's study group, also because I had extra cream cheese frosting tucked away. I once said the only thing I need an assistant for is to wash dishes-- I also need them to grate carrots! I was manually grating them so there was a lot of slippage. This is Ina Garten's recipe. I omitted the walnuts because I don't like them that much (read: if I bake it, no nuts, if others bake it, it's fine). I omitted the raisins because Genie hates raisins (unless it's in Baguio Country Club raisin bread, I told her, "that's kinda specific!"). I didn't add crushed pineapple because it's risky (not a popular addition), even if I like pineapple. They were very moist despite this.
Carrot Cupcakes packed
Carrot Cupcakes
That is NOT the photographed color of the carrots, I had to manipulate it on the computer. I wonder what I was thinking when I bought a bottle of creamy peach. Duh. It came out a creamy peach, not orange. Also, it's warm as usual so the leaves I piped with a leaf tip might as well have been spooned on. SIGH! I should have taken a rest and chilled everything.

blog comments powered by Disqus