29 December 2007

Somewhere Over The Rainbow/ Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Somewhere Over The Rainbow ("Over The Rainbow" to some) is the first song I heard Tori Amos Play way back in 1997 when I said to myself, "WOW, that is good." Then I bought my first Tori Amos album and the rest is history. Later in my high school life, my friend Fabian gave me the Tori Amos Unplugged Songbook, and since I barely knew how to play, it was an appreciated challenge. Of course, I had to be able to play my favorite song from it.

Click here for a digital recording of me playing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Some of the parts are already improvised, Tori plays it a lot better.

I was suppose to mash it into a medley with "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," also played by Tori on earlier concert tours but not available on a songbook. It pretty much sounds like Over The Rainbow (remix), so it would have been a great medley, but I was a little confused so I settled for this. Besides, not everyone celebrates Christmas.

Click here for a digital recording of me playing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." It's improvised so I hope it's not too terrible.

Happy Holidays everyone!

blog comments powered by Disqus