26 January 2008

Disappointment, Disinterest, and an Isko Meme

I'm trying to devise a way to answer tags without hearing a groan so massive that the ground will be scattered with fossils that unearthed themselves. First, a site recommendation: Spamusement, now possibly defunct, but still crammed with hundreds of cartoons based on the subject lines of Spam. I remembered it because I still get the occasional spam from the girl who's disappointed I've never replied regarding her naked pictures or how to prolong my sexual performance. As if I needed to! (That can be interpreted in many ways.)

Here's one I made up from the subject line "How many women have you disappointed lately?" I realize it's a little trite, and partly weird because pretty much everyone, male or female, would not pass up the opportunity for free shoes. But, mmmm..... Pik-nik. (Kidding. I find Pik-nik a little too greasy.)

Calvin doesn't realize that those who look interested are more likely to be grilled about the subject. Oh well, at least in college.

Speaking of college (SMOOTH SEGUE, MARK), Dr. Claire of Chronicles from the Middle of Nowhere tagged me for this meme about my life in the University of the Philippines. The supposed center for subversion. A good four years of undergraduate study, probably the best I've spent so far.

  1. Student number? 98-09490

  2. College? College of Arts and Sciences, Diliman. College of Medicine, Manila.

  3. Ano ang course mo? (What did you Major in?) BS Biology. Doctor of Medicine.

  4. Nag-shift ka ba o na-kick out? (Did you shift majors/Courses or were you kicked out of your College)? No, I hate complications like that

  5. Saan ka kumuha ng UPCAT? (Where did you take your entrance examination?) Math building

  6. Favorite GE subject? (General Education classes) Oh, gross. Philosophy? Communications? Social Science? Probably those three equally, though I still didn't like them that much.

  7. Favorite PE? Ice skating

  8. Saan ka nag-aabang ng hot guys/girls sa UP? (Where do you hang out to check out the hot babes/dudes?) I didn't do this. Really really.

  9. Favorite profs? (Favorite Professors?) Prof. Roderos, for Genetics

  10. Pinaka-ayaw na GE subject (least favorite General Education class)? "Science Technology and Society - a completely useless waste of time" (Dr. Claire) AMEN!

  11. Kumuha ka ba ng Saturday classes? (Did you sign up for Saturday classes?) I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have, but I have the vague memory of going to school on Saturday.

  12. Nakapag-field trip ka ba? (Did you join any field Trips?) Mt. Sto Tomas, Baguio for Pteridology, Taal Volcano for Ecology, The Arboretum for Ecology, Subic Bay for Ecology (fun fun fun), The Manila Seedling Bank for the Taxonomy of Flowering Plants, I Forgot the Name of That Island for Invertebrate Taxonomy.

  13. Naging CS ka na ba or US sa UP? (Were you ever a College Scholar and or a University Scholar) Yes, yes

  14. Ano ang Org/Frat/Soro mo? (What Organization/Fraternity/Sorority were you a member of?) UP Association of Biology Majors

  15. Dorm, Boarding house, o Bahay? (Did you stay at a dorm, boarding house or did you live at home during college? ) House, it was relatively near anyway.

  16. Kung walang UPCAT test at malaya kang nakapili ng kurso mo sa UP, ano yun? (If you had your way, what was your dream course/major?) Still Biology, for super sure

  17. Sino ang pinaka-una mong nakilala sa UP? (Who did you first meet at UP?) I'm not sure, but it was probably Kristelle Galimba or JC Alcazaren, whom I still torment to this day.

  18. First play na napanood mo sa UP? (First play you watched in UP) I don't think I ever did. Not a theater person.

  19. Saan ka madalas mag-lunch? (Where did you usually eat lunch?) Take-away at CASAA, eat inside the Institute of Biology. Though we spent a lot of the first three years eating out... McDonald's, Dimsum and Dumplings, or Subway, among others.

  20. Masaya ba sa UP? (Was it fun in UP?) Of course

  21. Nakasama ka na ba sa rally? (Did you ever get to go to a rally?) EDSA 2

  22. Ilang beses ka bumoto sa Student Council? (How many times did you vote for Student Council elections?) Probably never!

  23. Pinangarap mo rin bang mag-laude nung freshman ka? (Did you ever aspire to graduate with honors when you were a freshman?) Sure.

  24. Kung di ka UP, anong school ka? (If you didn't go to UP, what school would you have gone?) University of Santo Tomas, or Ateneo

blog comments powered by Disqus